Delete an Element
You can delete an element from the Inventory Explorer page. Deleting an element in Metricly persists only until the next collection cycle unless the element is also no longer being collected or posting to Metricly.
- The metadata for a deleted element is retained for 60 days.
- Stale metadata (old metrics no longer collecting, attributes and tags that no longer exist) gets permanently deleted.
- The band analytic history for metrics associated with the deleted element is retained for 90 days.
You must update your collectors and ingest API calls for permanent element deletion. Make sure to also update any notifications or policies that are directly associated to the deleted element.
How to Delete an Element from the UI
- Open the Inventory Explorer.
- Select the check box next to as many elements you wish to delete.
- Select Delete Element(s).
- Select Yes, Delete in the confirmation modal.