This installation method leverages a CloudFormation script which can be viewed here. You can also view a list of permissions granted by the IAM role.
After you make a new AWS integration in CloudWisdom, the script populates a read-only IAM role in your AWS account and links it using the integration’s Account ID and External ID. Once created, it may take a few minutes for the status to be updated.
1. Create an AWS Integration in CloudWisdom
- Open CloudWisdom and navigate to Integrations > Amazon Web Services.
- If this is not your first AWS integration, select + Add Integration.
- Enable Cost Explorer API if applicable to this integration.
- Note: Only one AWS datasource may have Cost Explorer API enabled; CloudWisdom recommends enabling Cost Explorer on your master billing account.
- Enable Cost & Usage Reports if applicable to this integration.
- Select the CloudFormation script link under Configure AWS Permissions. This opens a new tab in AWS.
- Check I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources.
- Select Create Stack. This process may take a few minutes. Wait for the stack to say CREATE_COMPLETE before proceeding to the next section.
2. Add RoleARN to the New AWS Integration
- Select the stack you have created. It will start with
- Navigate to the Outputs tab.
- Copy the Role ARN Value.
- Return to CloudWisdom.
- Input the Role ARN into IAM Role ARN. Make sure there are no extra spaces once you have pasted the value into the field.